Communications Project Assistant
Communications Project Assistant. We’re seeking a highly-organized lover of details who has the strong ability to confidently communicate with staff at all levels of the organization and ensure that projects being led or supported by the Communications team run smoothly and efficiently. With minimal supervision, they’ll need to proactively anticipate needs, assist the Director of Communications, and support the Communications team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Moving incoming project requests through an intake process and managing the Communications team production pipeline
- Managing key initiatives, projects, and activities, and their timelines, benchmarks, and deliverables, by contributing to an editorial calendar, staying on top of progress, addressing potential issues, and regularly communicating with stakeholders including vendors
- Arranging and preparing for meetings, and recording decisions and outcomes
- Regularly liaising with vendors and consultants, and helping manage vendor relationships
- Drafting and routing contracts and invoices, and processing expense reports
- Helping maintain and keep track of team, editorial, and project calendars
- Drafting and/or editing of materials and correspondence
- Collecting information and conducting research that helps advance initiatives and activities
- Contributing ideas toward improving internal processes
- Coordinating recruitment processes, as needed, including scheduling
- Posting materials to our website when needed
The successful candidate must have the following skills and qualities:
- Highly organized, with strong attention to detail, and dedication to consistently meeting deadlines
- Comfortable with technology and proficient with Outlook email and calendar. Have a track record of using project management tools
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- A strong sense of ownership over tasks, including follow-through, and a willingness to do what it takes to get the job done with excellence
- Is relentlessly positive, solutions-oriented, and understands that supporting busy staff is integral to the team’s effectiveness
- Interested in expanding their analysis and knowledge about the role that racial inequity plays in our society, and committed to building and/or deepening their commitment to racial justice work
The most successful candidate will have some of the following skills and qualities:
- Experience with or being willing to use project management platforms like Asana
- Background working as a project manager or project assistant
Prior experience in a support role is a plus. Candidates need to bring a strong commitment to excellence and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment. The position is full-time and based in Washington, D.C.
Salary and Benefits: The salary range for this position is $53,500 – $58,500. We have a generous benefits package which includes health insurance, dental and vision insurance, 10 paid holidays, 18 vacation days per year, 5 floating holidays per year, paid time off Dec. 25- Jan. 1, 12 sick days per year, and the opportunity to contribute to a 403b plan.
How to Apply: Please upload a thoughtful cover letter that speaks to how your experience and skill-set meet the qualifications for this role and attach a résumé. No exceptions. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Dēmos is an Equal Opportunity Employer: People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.