Digital Graphic Designer
Digital Graphic Designer. If you’re an experienced digital graphic designer who knows how to turn complex ideas into exciting and accessible visual content, we’d like to meet you. As part of our growing team, in a fast-paced environment, you will creatively translate research, litigation, campaigns, and fundraising work into powerful content for digital and social media platforms. Your graphic design work will amplify Demos’ message, increase audience engagement, and promote brand awareness. To thrive in this environment, you must be highly collaborative, entrepreneurial, and have extensive experience creating graphic design assets that are meant to be shared across digital and social media platforms.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working in collaboration with Demos’ research, legal, campaigns, and fundraising experts to develop comprehensive communications strategies that include visual content
- Designing and producing digital assets and collateral including graphics for social media, web campaigns, websites, digital reports, videos, and events
- Producing audience-centered designs that are optimized for target platforms, channels, and technologies—for example, meet the unique requirements of a target audience, social media platform, and/or mobile viewing experience
- Regularly working with and managing graphic design vendors and their projects
- Developing print-ready materials like fact sheets, signage, and banners as needed
The successful candidate must have the following skills and experience:
- Hands-on graphic design experience producing social media assets, infographics, digital ads, GIFs, and materials for events
- A minimum of two years of experience creating rapid response content for social media promotion of issues and campaigns
- Strong visual storytelling aesthetic and the ability to clearly and concisely articulate your creative vision
- Exceptional project and vendor management skills and the ability to prioritize assignments, multi-task, and deliver on deadlines
- Expert in the use of Adobe Creative Suite (or equivalent) graphic design programs (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
The most successful candidates will also have the following skills and experience:
- A general understanding of all aspects of digital communications strategies and best practices for graphic design—from recognizing audiences to optimizing materials to adapting to new platforms and technologies
- Good customer service, negotiation, and influencing skills
- An understanding of the role that racial inequality plays in our society and in movement-building, and a demonstrated ability to effectively manage across difference
Candidates need to bring a strong commitment to excellence and an ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment. The position is full-time and can based in New York City. We will also consider remote working candidates with the appropriate skills and experience.
Salary and Benefits: The salary range for this position is $60,000 - $80,000. We have a generous benefits package which includes health insurance, dental and vision insurance, 10 paid holidays, 18 vacation days per year, 5 floating holidays per year, 12 sick days per year, and the opportunity to contribute to a 403(b) plan.
How to Apply: Upload a thoughtful cover letter that speaks to how your experience and skill-set meet the qualifications for this role and attach a résumé and a portfolio of your work. No exceptions. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Demos is an Equal Opportunity Employer—people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.